Shrimp Egg Foo Yung
Celebrate Chinese New Year, January 22, 2004, with Shrimp Egg Foo Yung and Beef Chow Mein With Black Bean Sauce.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Dynasty Chinese Stir-Fry Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dynasty Oyster Flavored Sauce
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions & tops, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Whole Water Chestnuts, drained well and finely chopped *
- 1/4 pound mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 pound small, shelled, cooked baby shrimp
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Combine 1/2 cup cold water, cornstarch, 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce and oyster sauce in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; keep warm. Combine eggs, green onions & tops, carrot, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, shrimp and remaining tablespoon stir-fry sauce in mixing bowl. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan in 1/4 cup portions. Using a spatula, shape each portion into a patty, cooking 1 to 2 minutes on each side, over medium high heat, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; keep warm. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, using additional cooking spray, if needed, until all egg mixture is cooked. Serve with sauce.
Makes 4 servings, about 3-1/2 patties, and 3 tablespoons sauce, each.
Per serving: 192 calories, 17 g protein, 9 g fat, 11 g carbohydrate, 610 mg sodium, 333 mg cholesterol.
* Cover remaining water chestnuts with cold water. Refrigerate up to 5 days, changing water daily, for use another time.