Chicken And Egg On Rice (Japanese Oyako Donburi)
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast meat (about l whole breast), cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup Ozeki Sake
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions & tops, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch widths
- 3 cups hot, cooked Nishiki or Botan Calrose Rice
Combine chicken, onion, sake, soy sauce, and 1-3/4 cups water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 3 minutes. Skim foam from top. Add eggs and green onions & tops; simmer uncovered 2 minutes longer. Do not stir while cooking. Spoon equal portions of rice into individual donburi bowls or deep soup bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over all. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings (3/4 cup rice and 1 cup chicken mixture each).
Per serving: 330 calories, 23 g protein, 5 g fat, 80 g carbohydrate, 545 mg sodium, 198 mg cholesterol.