Mung Bean Salad
- 3/4 cup Wel-Pac Mung Beans, washed and drained
- 3 green onions & tops, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Soak beans with 2 cups of water for 8 hours or overnight.Cook soaked beans with 4 cups of water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer covered 20 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.Mix all ingredients with cooled beans in a medium mixing bowl until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Makes 4 servings, 1 cup each.
Per serving: 248.5 calories, 9.5g protein, 10g fat, 26g carbohydrate, 50.5mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol.