BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Dynasty Chinese Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dynasty Thai Chili Garlic Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 pound bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick
- slices, leaves and stems separated
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Dissolve boullion in 1/3 cup hot water. Add 1/3 cup cold water, cornstarch, stir-fry sauce, chili garlic paste and black pepper; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add half the shrimp; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with additional cooking spray and remaining half shrimp in same pan. Remove from pan. Lightly coat inside of same pan with additional cooking spray. Add onion and bok choy stems; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add bok choy leaves, stir-fry 1 minute. Add shrimp and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup rice and about 1-1/4 cups stir-fry each.
Per serving: 267.5 calories, 27 g protein, 3 g fat, 32.5 g carbohydrate, 628 mg sodium, 173 mg cholesterol.