CHILLED NOODLES WITH SPICY MEAT SAUCE
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Wel-Pac Chow Mein Stir-Fry Noodles
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Thai Peanut Satay Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Hoisin Sauce
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 green onions & tops, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Whole Water Chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1 large carrot, julienne cut
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded & cut crosswise into thin slices
Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain; rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well; cover and refrigerate. Combine 1/4 cup water, peanut and hoisin sauces. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add half the pork; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with additional cooking spray and remaining half pork in same pan. Return all pork to pan. Remove from heat. Mix in green onions, water chestnuts and sauce mixture. Line serving platter with noodles. Top with meat mixture. Arrange cucumber and carrot attractively around meat. Toss at table and serve.
Makes 4 servings, about 1-3/4 cups each.
Per serving: 364 calories, 25.5 g protein, 8.5 g fat, 55 g carbohydrate, 532 mg sodium, 50 mg cholesterol.