Beef & Asparagus With Black Bean Sauce
- 1 pound lean, boneless, tender beef steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch lengths*
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice**
Coat beef with soy sauce; let stand 10 minutes. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add half the beef; stir-fry 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with more cooking spray and remaining half beef in same pan. Remove from pan. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add onion; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove from pan. Add asparagus; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup water to pan. Cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender-crisp. Return beef and onion to pan. Mix in black bean sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until all is heated through. Serve with rice.
Makes 4 servings, about 1-1/4 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice each.
Per serving: 320 calories, 29 g protein, 7 g fat, 33 g carbohydrate, 652 mg sodium, 69 mg cholesterol.
*Stalks should be halved lengthwise if large.
**If desired, substitute with 2 cups hot, cooked Nishiki or Botan Calrose Rice. Follow as directed.