Hunan Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Spicy Hot Kung Pao Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasst, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 6 ounces fresh Chinese pea pods, trimmed
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Sliced Bamboo Shoots, drained
- 2 cup hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Dissolve bouillon in 3 tablespoons boiling water. Mix in 1 tablespoon cold water and kung pao sauce. Add cornstarch; stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Add half the chicken; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan. Add 2 more teaspoons oil to same pan. Repeat cooking procedure with remaining chicken. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same pan. Add carrots and pea pods; stir-fry over high heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Mix in chicken, bamboo shoots and kung pao sauce mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute. Serve immediately with hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup rice and about 1-1/2 cups stir-fry each.
Per serving: 363 calories, 32 g protein, 10 g fat, 39 g carbohydrate, 640 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol.