Kung Pao Peanut Chicken
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Spicy Hot Kung Pao Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, cut crosswise on diagonal into 1/2-inch widths (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Whole Water Chestnuts, drained and halved vertically
- 1/4 cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Coat chicken with soy sauce; let stand 10 minutes. Combine kung pao sauce, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan over high heat. Add oil; coat inside of pan. Add chicken; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add celery; stir-fry 1 minute longer. Add water chestnuts and 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook 1 minute, or until celery is tender-crisp. Mix in kung pao sauce mixture. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Mix in peanuts. Serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup rice and about 1 cup stir-fry each.
Per serving: 348 calories, 49 g protein, 10 g fat, 34 g carbohydrate, 541 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol.