Braised Pork Chops With Black Bean Sauce
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons Dynasty Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 4 boneless, pork loin chops, 1-inch thick (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions & tops, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Dissolve bouillon in 3/4 cup hot water; mix in black bean sauce. Trim and discard excess fat from chops. Heat large frying pan over high heat. Add oil; coat inside of pan. Add chops, in single layer. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly brown. Mix in bouillon mixture and green onions & tops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Turn chops over. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender. Remove chops to serving platter; keep warm. Bring sauce to a boil in pan. Cook uncovered 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Spoon over chops. Serve with rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1 pork chop, 1/2 cup rice and about 2 tablespoons sauce each.
Per serving: 327 calories, 27 g protein, 11 g fat, 27 g carbohydrate, 551 mg sodium, 67 mg cholesterol.