Spicy Beef & Asparagus
- 3/4 pound asparagus
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Dynasty Oyster Flavored Sauce
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 pound lean, boneless, tender beef steak, cut into 2-inch long thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained well
- 2 teaspoons Dynasty Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Trim asparagus; remove tips. Cut stalks in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1-1/2 inch lengths. Set aside stalks and tips. Dissolve bouillon in 1/4 cup hot water. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Mix in cornstarch and oyster sauce. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly coat inside of pan with cooking spray. Add half the beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat cooking procedure with additional cooking spray and remaining half beef in same pan. Remove from pan. Lightly spray inside of same pan with additional cooking spray. Add onion and asparagus; stir-fry 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Mix in water chestnuts, beef and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Mix in sriracha sauce and serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup rice and about 1-1/2 cups stir-fry each.
Per serving: 285 calories, 21 g protein, 5 g fat, 35 g carbohydrate, 540 mg sodium, 60 mg cholesterol.