Beef Chow Mein With Black Bean Sauce
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3/4 pound lean, boneless tender beef, cut into 2-inch long thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch long thin strip
- 1 can (8 oz.) Dynasty Sliced Bamboo Shoots, drained well
Cook spaghetti as package directs, omitting salt. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool and drain well. Dissolve bouillon in 1/4 cup hot water. Add 1/2 cup cold water, black bean sauce and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Lightly spray inside of pan with cooking spray. Add half the beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking procedure with additional cooking spray and remaining half beef. Remove from pan. Lightly coat inside of same pan with additional cooking spray. Add onion and green pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Return all beef to pan. Mix in bamboo shoots, spaghetti and black bean sauce mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until all is hot. Serve immediately.
Makes 5 servings, about 1-1/2 cups each.
Per serving: 327 calories, 23 g protein, 5.5 g fat, 42 g carbohydrate, 512 mg sodium, 48 mg cholesterol.