Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup Dynasty Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce, divided
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks and separated
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice
Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Combine juice, sweet & sour sauce, cornstarch and 2 teaspoons soy sauce. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Coat shrimp with remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce; let stand 10 minutes. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; coat inside of pan. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same pan. Add onion and pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Return shrimp to pan. Mix in pineapple and sweet & sour sauce mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until all is hot. Serve immediately with rice.
Makes 4 servings, 1/2 cup rice and about 1-1/4 cup shrimp mixture each.
Per serving: 384 calories, 26 g protein, 7 g fat, 52 g carbohydrate, 572 mg sodium, 173 mg cholesterol.