Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
- 1/4 cup Dynasty Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 pound Chinese pea pods or snap peas, trimmed
Combine black bean sauce, 3/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Heat large frying pan, preferably nonstick, over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; coat pan. Add shrimp; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from pan. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same pan. Add onion and pea pods; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Add shrimp and black bean sauce mixture. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Serve immediately with hot, cooked Dynasty Jasmine Rice, as desired.
Makes 4 servings, about 1-1/4 cup each.
Per serving: 231 calories, 27 g protein, 8 g fat, 12 g carbohydrate, 524 mg sodium, 173 mg cholesterol.